Tuesday, June 30, 2009

1 st week at B school !!!!

What is the biggest difference between an engineering college and a business school?
For me the main difference is the creativity. People are much more smarter and experienced and they realize the benefits of functioning inside the law albeit on the extreme boundary.The unnecessary risk of taking on the administration is something people can well do without with. Instead the energies can be channelized into "constructive" and development activities.

It was weird being a student again. Being a student comes with a certain degree of roughness, a feeling of being something unpolished. Past 3 years of professional life had , to a certain degree smoothed me around the edges. The fact that the next two years of my life is gonna be very different from the last three finally sunk in the moment I landed on the campus with all the skin peeling heat of North India.

The first week in a B school is supposed to be the toughest. don't know about other places, but here the only thing that was tough for me was lack of sleep. 23 and a half hour days for a whole week is pretty tough, specially for all people who aren't in the elite fighting forces. The felling of fatigue was such that I almost fell asleep while I was standing and was blindfolded. The only good thing that the fatigue did was take our minds off the heat or the problems of not getting sleep at a new place. Trust you me, I slept like a baby in a lecture for a couple of hours. It was the best sleep I had in a couple of months.

The major lesson I had in the first week here at B school is humility. Some people command respect, some demand it. Its very hard to respect these as it isn't something that comes naturally but is a very very pretentious gesture. Nevertheless situations may need you to bow down and I see it as nothing else but another chapter in the book of knowledge.....

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only good thing that the fatigue did was take our minds off the heat or the problems of not getting sleep at a new place" - - - I beg to disagree, with all due respect, the fatigue of 23.5 hour 'days' did nothing more than make the heat seem to be in sync with the stress. Yoga sessions provided the perfect destress and the bedroom seemed synonymous to shabashan!
    .....Now leaving it to you to guess who I am...

    p.s: I just removed the last line as it wasnt relevant anymore

    ReplyDelete